Our business is to make your business shine...
Do you have rugs at home? Do you spend time cleaning the rugs to keep them in good condition? Who else and who least always enjoy at home that beautiful carpet in the living room, the same one that children or pets dirty every day.
You may have one in your room, or you may be a fan of them and have practically the house “lined.” However, there is always a problem with carpets. They give the home a more intimate and elegant atmosphere, but it costs a lot to clean and keep them in good condition.
Not only do they catch odors, but they are a more than ideal setting for the dreaded mites to occupy and allergies to appear.
What can we do? Do not worry; today, we give you simple remedies.
The good weather and the heat are already coming, and every day we are closer to the summer. So it is time to decide what to do with the rugs: leave them on or remove and store them until they cool down again. But before doing it, we must clean them well to have them ready next season. How to clean them? Although it is recommended to always follow the manufacturer’s instructions, we provide you with some homemade tips so that when you put them back, they are in perfect condition:
• Although we do regular cleaning of our rugs throughout the winter and it seems to be perfectly clean, daily use means that, when storing them, they need much more thorough cleaning. We can do this cleaning at home, but what is really recommended is that we take it to a specialized place so that they are in perfect condition. But if we do, we must:
• Vacuum and remove all accumulated dust. If a vacuum cleaner is not available, use a broom brush with very soft bristles. After sweeping, you can shake the mat for a better result.
• If you have what you need for steam cleaning, use white vinegar and water.
• Cleaning stains by mixing water with ammonia and vinegar. Warm water will make the job easier. Sometimes stains are really tough and a carpet cleaning service might be needed.
• For grease stains, clean with liquid detergent dissolved in water and for food stains, use a cloth with vinegar.
• To revive the colors, sprinkle the carpet with fine salt, leave to act for several hours and vacuum. Salt will absorb moisture and stains.
• For recent stains, even wet, you can use hydrogen peroxide. In some cases, it has been recommended for red wine stains. But first, you must remove the excess liquid with kitchen paper.
• Once clean, keep the rug rolled up. It is the way in which it takes up less space, and we will avoid wrinkles and stretching that can later leave marks on the carpet.
• Wherever we keep them, put naphthalene balls, especially if our carpet is made of natural fibre, silk, wool, etc. In case they are acrylic, it is also convenient to put them since the base of the carpet is usually jute, and it can be attacked by insects.
• Store rugs in a clean, dry place.
• Wrap them with an old sheet so that they do not catch dust.
• In case there is a little humidity in the place where we store them, use desiccant balls to prevent this humidity from reaching our carpet and damaging it.
It is difficult to keep carpets clean in winter because there is more dirt, debris, snow, and rain. However, some people think it is a bad idea to clean carpets in winter. Regular carpet cleaning in winter not only leaves your carpets clean and soft, but it also increases the lifespan of your carpets. And do not leave stains on your carpets because they cause discoloration and they can damage your carpets.
The following are carpet cleaning tips to keep your carpets clean in winter.
1. Use Baking Soda
Baking soda keeps carpets smelling fresh for a long time. You want your carpets to smell clean, so sprinkle baking soda on your carpets before vacuuming them. Sprinkle a light dusting of baking soda over the carpet. Then, leave the baking soda to settle for a few minutes.
2. Vacuum Your Carpets
Vacuuming your carpets regularly can help keep stains and dirt from setting in and damaging your carpets. Vacuum your carpets immediately after sprinkling baking soda. Do not vacuum once a month during winter, but vacuum twice a week to make sure your carpets remain clean all the time.
3. Clean Spots Immediately
If you see any marks or stains on your carpets, use a spot cleaner to clean them immediately. So, clean stains and spills immediately. This is because they cause discoloration if they are left to settle in. Spot cleaners are perfect for cleaning spots because they do not damage carpets and they are effective.
4. Use Mats
A mat protects carpets from dirt and grime. Place a sturdy outdoor mat. Your children, family, and guests will use the mat to wipe loose dirt, mud, and snow before entering your home. This prevents people from walking over your carpets with loose dirt, mud, and snow. Mats can keep your carpets clean for a long time.
Children and pets play outdoors. So, they can bring dirt and debris inside your house if your outdoors contain snow or ice, debris, and dirt. That is why it is important to keep your outdoors clean if you want your carpets to remain clean during winter. Therefore, shovel or sweep your steps, deck, and perch. If you work in your garage, make sure the floor is always clean.
6. Use a Dehumidifier
Carpets retain moisture during winter because of humid temperatures. Also, the dirt and mud, which people and pets bring into your house, can make your carpets wet. Using a dehumidifier to suck in the moisture in your room and carpets can help keep the carpet dry all the time. It is easy to clean a dry carpet.
7. Use Carpet Protection
Are your carpets protected? It is easy to protect carpets these days. Do not just leave them because it is difficult to control your pets and children, especially when they are at home. Adding carpet protection keeps your carpets clean. By the way, it is much easier to clean the rug that protects your carpet than to clean the whole carpet.
8. Deep Clean Your Carpets
Deep cleaning your carpets can help protect your carpets and keep them clean. You can deep clean your carpets twice a year. Vacuuming helps to keep the carpet clean. Deep cleaning removes all the dirt and mud in the carpet. And it prevents mold growth. Dry your carpets completely after deep cleaning them.
9. Hire a Carpet Cleaning Service
Want to save time? Hire a professional carpet cleaning service to keep your carpets clean all the time. Get a carpet cleaning quote from a few different companies so you get a good deal. These services not only know how to properly clean carpets, but they will also come with the right cleaning detergents and tools for cleaning carpets. Hiring a carpet cleaning service saves time and money.
These are the best cleaning tips to keep your carpets clean in winter.…
Carpets maintain their beauty longer if they are thoroughly cleaned at least once a year, a task for which it is convenient to call professionals. You can do it if you know what you are doing, but it is a dirty and gigantic job, and home appliances and methods do not yet have the cleaning power that professionals have.Know your carpet, and it is important that you know the manufacturer’s recommendations, since it is important to know what type of materials it is made of.
Opt For Steam Instead Of Shampoo:
When buying or renting a carpet cleaner, go for the steam one. Older shampoos use rotary paddles to apply the detergent solution and often wet them excessively. The film that forms the shampoo is sometimes difficult to remove and makes the carpet dirty again. You can read more here about shampoo vs steam.
Above All The Vacuum Cleaner : Dust plus water equals mud, a substance almost impossible to remove. Before cleaning the carpet, vacuum thoroughly to remove as much loose dust as you can.
Buy The Right Products : Decide on specific products to clean carpets at home and follow the instructions when mixing solutions.
Do Pretreatment : Use a prewash spray and treat heavily soiled areas before cleaning the carpet.
Beware Of Humidity : Impregnated rugs are not cleaner, but wetter. After removing the product, make a second dry pass to remove as much moisture as possible.
To remove the bad smell of a carpet or carpet, we only need baking soda and a vacuum cleaner, but if we also want to perfume it, we will have to do with an essential oil that we like, such as lavender or bergamot.
Remove Bad Odor From The Carpet In Three Steps:
- Vacuum the carpet or carpetto remove all dust, fiber residue, pet hair … It must be completely clean to proceed to the next step.
- Spread the baking sodaall over the carpet or carpet. If, in addition to removing the smell, you want to perfume it, add a few drops of essential oil to the baking soda before putting it on the carpet or carpet.
- Leave the mixture to work for at least three hours, the longer you leave it, the more odors it will absorb. Then vacuum againand remove all the baking soda.
In this simple way, you will have removed the bad smell of the carpet or carpet. And without harming the environment! In addition, since it is not toxic, it does not pose a risk to your health or that of your family.…